عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسندگان [English]چکیده [English]
Replacement of four individual, time-consuming and expensive ASTM standard methods for determination of Mo, As, Th and K in samples having uranium matrix with one new proficient method is considered. The main advantages of this method are overcoming the mentioned shortages and preserving the precision and accuracy of the analysis results for the desired technical specification of materials and nuclear industries. In the new method, the interfering uranium matrix was removed by extraction with a mixture of tri (2- ethylhexyl) phosphate (TEHP): n-Heptane. The elements were determined by inductively coupled plasma-optical emission spectrometry (ICP-OES) simultaneously. The effective parameters on the extraction including: pH, the remained uranium and temperature were studied. The dynamic range of calibration curve related to the element type was linear (R2>0.999) at 10-500 μg/g U. The method detection limits (MDL) of 0.51, 0.66, 1.1 and 0.55 μg/g U were obtained for Mo, As, Th and K, respectively. The obtained quantity of En for all elements was less than 0.26. The analytical precision and bias of current method at two different concentration levels were determined and compared with the available standard methods denoting an evidence of the method verification. The decreased analysis of time duration from ~24 hr to
1. Standard test method for Determination of Impurities in Nuclear Grade Uranium Compounds by Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry, ASTM C1287.
2. Standard Test Methods for Arsenic in Uranium Hexafluoride, ASTM C1219.
3. Standard Test Methods for Chemical and Atomic Absorption Analysis of Uranium-Ore Concentrate, ASTM C1022.
4. M.A. Floyd, R.W. Morrow, R.B. Farrar, Inductively Coupled Plasma-Atomic Emission Spectroscopy: the Determination of Trace Impurities in Uranium Hexafluoride, Spectrochemica Acta. 288 (1983) 303-308.
5. R.J. Muzik, O.A. Vita, Spectrographic Microdetermination of Refractory Elements in Uranium, Anal. Chimica Acta, 000 (1971) 331-340.
6. B.W. Short, H.S. Spring, R.I. Grant, Determination of Trace Impurities in Uranium Hexafluoride by Inductively Coupled Argon Plasma Spectrometer, GAT-T-3184, Goodyear Atomic Corporation, Portsmouth, OH (1983).
7. A Textbook of hydrometallurgy by: Fathi Habashi (1982).
8. Standard Specification for Uranium Ore Concentrate, ASTM C967.
9. Standard Specification for Sintered Uranium Dioxide Pellets, ASTM C776.
10. Standard Specification for Nuclear-Grade, Sinterable Uranium Dioxide Powder, ASTM C753.
11. Standard Specification for Uranium Hexafluoride for Enrichment, ASTM C787.
12. Asian Pacific laboratories accreditation cooperation PT 001 (APLAK).
13. International Standardization Organization (ISO) Guide 43-1.
14. Quantification Uncertainty in Analytical Measurement (QUAM).
15. EURACHEM/CITAC Guide CG4.