عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسندگان [English]چکیده [English]
Gamma ray spectroscopy has extensive applications in many problems of physics and in varieties of radiation applications, such as material analysis. The obtained spectrum from a Gamma emitting source, which is usually detected by Germanium or inorganic scintillator detectors, contains information for the energy and activity of the source. The SBUspect uses Mariscotti method to detect the existing peaks in the spectrum. Furthermore, it has the ability to fit these peaks with appropriate Gaussian functions, to detect the elements in the source and to calculate the activity and the MDA of the existing elements in the source. The accuracy of the software is assessed by the I.A.E.A standard G series spectra. The results showed that the SBUspect has acceptable stability and functions well in finding single peaks. Like most other available commercial softwares, this software needs to be improved and developed in detecting and analyzing multiple and weak peaks.
1. Sh. Badiee, Supervised by: M. Shahriari, M.S. Naseri, Development of a software for gamma ray spectrometry, Thesis for the degree of Masters of Science, Shahid Beheshti University (2010).
2. Intercomparison of gamma ray analysis software packages, IAEA Tecdoc (1998).
3. M.A. Mariscotti, A method for automatic identification of peaks in the presence of background and its application to spectrum analysis, Nuclear Instrument and Methods, 50(2) (1967) 309–320.
4. A. Savitzky, M.J.E. Golay, Smoothing and differentiation of data by simplified least squares procedures, Analytical Chemistry, 36(8) (1964) 1627-1639.
5. Ph. R. Bevington, D. Keith. Robinson, Data reduction and error analysis for the physical sciences, Third edition (2003).
6. N. Tsoulfanidis, Measurement and detection of radiation (1995).
7. D. Gilmore, www.Test Spectra-Practical Gamma-Ray Spectroscopy. mht, Edition (2) (2010).