عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسندگان [English]چکیده [English]
Investigation of optimum conditions in muon catalyzed fusion (μCF) is very important for increasing the fusion yield. Usually a μCF target is considered in the form of a mixture of liquid, gas or solid layers. For this purpose a 3- solid layer of hydrogen isotopes, HT/D2/DT has been suggested by the other researchers. In this paper, this suggestion is investigated, and it is shown that the proposed 3-layer, decreases the fusion yield. Then, a multilayer of the HT and D2 in a sphericalarrangement is proposed to increase the fusion yield, and its conditions are studied. It is shown that in the proposed multi- layer, the fusion yield increases about 30 percent in comparison with one DT layer, while, the tritium concentration should be rare up to Ct=0.01. For this purpose, production of µt atoms beam by interring muons into a HT solid layer is investigated. The Ramsauer-Townsend effect and transfer of muon from µp to µt atoms are important parameters in this investigation.
1. S.Z. Kalantari, V. Tahani, Investigation of Epithermal Molecular Formation and Hyperfine Interaction Effects on Kinetics of μCF, Hyperfine Interactions, 142 (2002) 627.
2. C. Egan, A Modified Approach to Muon-Catalyzed Fusion, Employing Helium-3 as Fule, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research, Section B, 287 (2012) 103-108.
3. D.V. Balin, High Precision Study of Muom Catalyzed Fusion in D2 and HD Gas, Physics of Particles and Nuclei, 22 (2011) 185-214.
4. A. Adamczak, M.P. Faifman, Influence of Epithermal Muonic Molecule Formation on Kinetics of the µCF Processes in Deuterium, Hyperfine Interactions, 209 (2012) 63-68.
5. V.E. Markushin, Muonic Atoms and Muon Catalyzed Fusion in Inhomogeneous Mixtures of Hydrogen Isotopes, Hyperfine Interactions, 101/102 (1996) 155.
6. M.C. Fujiwara, Resonant Formation of dµt Molecules in Deuterium: An Atomic Beam Measurement of Muon Catalyzed dt Fusion, Phys. Rev. Lett. 85 (2000) 1642.
7. F. Mulhauser, Advantages and Limitations of Solid Layer Experiments in Muon Catalyzed Fusion, Hyperfine Interactions, 138 (2001) 4146.
8. F. Mulhauser, Ramsauer-Townsend Effect in Muonic Atom Scattering, Phys. Rev. A, 73 (2006) 034501.
9. V.E. Markushin, Muonic Atom Emission Into Vacumm from Inhomogeneous Mixtures of Hydrogen Isotopes and Kinetics of Muon Catayzed Fusion in Multilayered Target Systems, PSI-PR-94-38 (1994).
10. M.R. Eskandari, K. Shirazi, Muon Catalyzed Fusion Dynamics in Solid Heterogeneous H/D/T Mixture and Its Comparison With Solid Homogeneous D/T System, International Journal of Modern Physics C, 14 (2003) 367.
11. F.J. Hartman, The PSI Experiments on Muon-Catalyzed pt Fusion, Hyperfine Interactions, 82 (1993) 259.
12. R. Gheisari, The Fusion of dtµ, ttµ and ddµ Molecules in Three-Layer Arrangement Including Deuterium Degrader and Moderator, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 35 (2010) 9199-9204.
13. M. Mahdavi, V. Zanganeh, Muon Cycle Dynamics in Multi-Layer Solid Hydrogen Isotopes, Chinese Journal of Physics, 46(3) (2008) 278.
14. S.Z. Kalantari, M. Raeisi, Calculation of Muonic atom Cascade Dynamics in D-T Mixtures, Proceeding of International Conference on μCF and Related Topics (MCF-07), JINR, Dubna, Russia, June 18-21 (2007) 245-252.
15. S.Z. Kalantari, Efficiency of The Muon Catalyzed Fusion in Triple H/D/T Mixture Hyperfine Interactions, Hyperfine Interactions, 128 (2000) 481.
16. R. Gheisari, F. Mohammadsalehi, Muon-Catalyzed Fusion in Equilibrated Mixture of Three-Layer Structure H/T,D2,D/T, Proceeding of the Anuual Conference of Physics of Iran, University of Boalisina, Hamedan, Iran, 12-14 September (2010) 370.
17. R. Gheisari, Forced Chemical Confinement Fusion: μ-Catalysed Fusion by Taking Resonance Escape Probability of tμ (1s) Atoms Using an Alternative Kinetic Model, Nuclear Fusion, 50 (2010) 125009.
18. B. Lauss, Excited State Muon Transfer in Hydrogen/Deuterium Mixtures, Phys. Rev. Let., 76 (1996) 4693.
19. F. Mulhauser, Measurement of Muon Transfer From Proton to Triton and ppμ Molecular Formation in Solid Hydrogen, Phys. Rev. A, 53 (1996) 3069.
20. R. Gheisari, An Optimized Hydrogen Target For Muon Catalyzed Fusion, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A, 634 (2011) 1-4.