عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسندگان [English]چکیده [English]
In this study nano-crystalline zeolite beta is synthesized with tetraethyl ammonium hydroxide as a template with the aim of separation of Uranium (VI) from radioactive waste, and characterized by XRD, IR, XRF and BET surface area measurements. Furthermore, ion-exchange properties of synthetic nano-crystalline zeolite beta were evaluated for batch system by calculating the percentage of uranium ions adsorption. The effects of variables such as initial concentration, pH and contact time between the exchanger and liquid phase, on the adsorption of the U(VI) ions were investigated and optimized. The results revealed that in the optimal conditions including the initial concentration of 80 ppm, pH=4, and contact time of 120 min, the percentage of U(VI) ions adsorbed by the synthesized zeolite beta was 94%.
2. E.A. Delliyanni, D.N. Bakoyannakis, A.I. Zouboulis, K.A. Matis, Sorption of As(V) ions by alaganeite-type nanocrystals, Chemosph., 50 (2003) 155-163.
3. L. Camacho, S. Deng, R. Parra, Uranium removal from groundwater by natural clinoptilolite zeolite: Effects of pH and feed concentration, J. Hazard. Mater., 175 (2010) 393-398.
4. A. Krestou, A. Xenidis, D. Panias, Mechanism of aqueous uranium (VI) uptake by natural zeolitic tuff, Min. Eng., 16 (2003) 1363–1370.
5. D.W. Breck, Zeolite Molecular Sieves-Structure, Chemistry and Use, John Wiley and Sons (1974).
6. S. Altwasser, C. Welker, Y. Traa, J. Weitkamp, Catalytic cracking of n-octane on small-pore zeolites, Micropor. Mesopor. Mater., 83 (2005) 345-356.
7. J. Weitkamp, Zeolites and catalysis, Solid State Ion., 131 (2000) 175–188.
8. P. Botella, A. Corma, J.M. Lopez-Nieto, S. Valencia, R. Jacquot, Acylation of Toluene with Acetic Anhydride over Beta Zeolites: Influence of Reaction Conditions and Physicochemical Properties of the Catalyst, J. Catal., 195 (2000) 161–168.
9. R.L. Wadlinger, G.T. Kerr, E.J. Rosinski, Mobil Oil Corp., US Patent No. 3, 308, 069, (1967).
10.D. Sung Kim, J.S. Chang, J.S. Hwang a, S.E. Park, J.M. Kim, Synthesis of zeolite beta in fluoride media under microwave irradiation, Micropor. Mesopor. Mater., 68 (2004) 77–82.
11.T. Niu, Y. Li, J. Li, B. Chen, Synthesis of Zeolite Beta by the Vapour-Phase Transport Method Using Tetraethylammonium Bromide as the Organic Template, J. Catal. 30 (2009) 191–195.
12.B. Modhera, M. Chakraborty, P.A. Parikh, R. V. Jasra, Synthesis of nano-crystalline zeolite β: Effects of crystallization parameters Cryst, Res. Technol. 44 (2009) 379–385.
13.S. Yusan, S. Akyil, Sorption of uranium(VI) from aqueous solutions by akaganeite, J. Hazard. Mater. 160 (2008) 388–395.
14.B.D. Cullity, S.R. Stock, Elements of X-ray Diffraction (3rd ed), Prentice Hall: Upper Saddle River NJ (2001) 388.
15.A. Gedeon, P. Massiani, F. Babonneau, Zeolites and Related Materials: Trends, Targets and challenges, Elsevier (2008) 225-228.
16.L. Ding, Z. Zheng, Effect of template concentration and gel dilution on crystallization and particle size of zeolite beta in the absence of alkali cations, Micropor. Mesopor. Mater. 103 (2007) 94-101.
17.C.F. Baes Jr., R.E. Mesmer, The Hydrolysis Of Cations, John Wiley & Sons (1976) 489.
18.P. Misaelides, A. Godelitsas, A. Filippidis, D. Charistos, I. Anousis, Thorium and uranium uptake by natural zeolitic materials, Sci. Total Environ. 173 (1995) 237–246.
19.M.J. Kang, B.E. Han, P.S. Hahn, Precipitation and Adsorption of Uranium (VI) Under Various Aqueous Conditions, Environ. Eng. Res. 7 (2002) 149-157.
20.R. Han, W. Zou, Y. Wang, L. Zhu, Removal of uranium(VI) from aqueous solutions by manganese oxide coated zeolite: discussion of adsorption isotherms and pH effect, J. Environ. Rad. 93 (2007) 127-143.
21.S. Aytasa, M. Yurtlua, R. Donat, Adsorption characteristic of U(VI) ion onto thermally activated bentonite, J. Hazard. Mater. 172 (2009) 667–674.