عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسندگان [English]چکیده [English]
In this paper, the effect of crystallographic texture on hydride orientation in the inner and outer layers of Zr-(1%)Nb clad was investigated. (0002) pole figures were measured by transmission and reflection X-ray diffraction method. Volume fraction, Vr of grains having their basal poles in a specified orientation region with respect to the radial direction and effective fraction of basal poles aligned with a circumferential direction, fr, were calculated from the data pole figures. The results of the analyses showed that there was a texture gradient in the clad thickness from the inner to the outer layers. fr and Vr(φ:0-30°( had inverse relationship to hydride fraction (F). In the inner layer fr, Vr(φ:0-30°( and F were 0.53, 0.57 and 0.25, respectively. In the outer layer, those were shown to be 0.41, 0.33 and 0.61, respectively.
1. R. Guillen, C. Cossu, M. Francois, E. Girard, Texture and residual-stresses analysis in Zircaloy-4 cylindrical samples, Journal of Nuclear Materials, 255 (1998) 174–179.
2. E. Tenkhoff, A review of texture and texture formation in Zircaloy tubing, STP754, Philadelphia (1980) 5-24.
3. V.M. Allen, Evolution of texture in Zirconium alloy tubing during processing, Material Science Forum, 495-497 (2005) 675-680.
4. Katsumi Unei, Kazuhiro Nogita, Shinji Ishimoto, Keizo Ogata, Crystallography of Zirconium Hydrides in Recrystallized Zircaloy-2 fuel cladding by electron backscatter diffraction, Journal of Nuclear Science and Technology, 41 (2008) 731–740.
5. Yong Choi, Crystallographic texture development and its effect on corrosion behavior of pilgered Zirconium alloy tubes, Materials transactions, 51 (2010) 652-658.
6. B.D. Cullity, Elements of X-ray diffraction, second edition (1998).
7. American Society for Test Method (ASTM), E81-96 (2001).
8. J.J. Kearns, Effect of texture, grain size and cold work on the precipitation of oriented hydrides in Zircaloy tubing and plate, Journal of Nuclear Materials, 20 (1966) 241-261.
9. K. Vaibhaw, Texture and hydride orientation relationship of Zircaloy-4 fuel clad tube during fabrication for pressurized heavy water reactors, Journal of Nuclear Materials, 322 (2007) 195–203.
10. T. Kakuma, Texture control of Zircaloy tubing during tube reduction, STP754, Philadelphia (1980) 26.
11. K. Linga Murty, Indrajit Charit, Texture development and anisotropic deformation of Zircaloys, Progress in Nuclear Energy, 48 (2006) 325–359.
12. S. Neogy, D. Srivastava, R. Tewari, R.N. Singh, G.K. Dey, S. Banerjee, Microstructural study of hydride formation in Zr–1Nb alloy, Journal of Nuclear Materials, 322 (2003) 195–203. EURACHEM/CITAC Guide CG4.
13. C.E. Ells, Hydride Precipitates in Zirconium alloys, Journal of Nuclear Materials, 28 (1968) 129-151.