عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسندگان [English]چکیده [English]
In this work, silica and Pb3O4 were used for manufacturing lead silicate glass with composition of 40 mole% PbO and 60 mole% SiO2. The chemical changes which occurred by heating of raw materials and the primary chemical products until reaching to the final product were studied from thermodynamical point of view. Based on the standard data tables, Gibbs free energy, enthalpy and entropy of formation of all components and chemical reactions were calculated at 1300˚C corresponding with the relevant phase diagram. Since the glass was a mixture of the components of silica and PbSiO3, the Gibbes free energy, enthalpy and entropy of mixture were calculated at room temperature and at 1300˚C. Finally, the relations for calculation of free energy, enthalpy, entropy and heat capacity of glass in a temperature range between Tg and the melting point of glass were extracted.
1. D. De Sousa Meneses, M. Malki, P. Echegut, Structure and lattice dynamics of binary lead silicate glasses investigated by infrared spectroscopy, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids 352 (2006) 769–776.
2. U. Hoppe, R. Kranold, A. Ghosh, C. Landron, J. Neuefeind, P. Joovaari, Environments of lead cations in oxide glasses probed by X-ray diﬀraction, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids 328 (2003) 146–156.
3. V.K. Shrikhande, V. Sudarsan, G.P. Kothiyal, S.K. Kulshreshtha, 29Si MAS NMR and microhardness studies of some lead silicate glasses with and without modifies, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 283 (2001) 18-26.
4. G. Calas, L. Cormier, L. Galoisy, P. Jollivet, Structure–property relationships in multicomponent oxide glasses, C. R. Chimie, 5 (2002) 831–843.
5. F. Fayon, C. Bessada, D. Massiot, I. Farnan, J.P. Coutures, 29Si and 207Pb NMR study of local order in lead silicate glasses, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 232-234 (1998) 403-408.
6. A. Witkowska, J. Rybicki, A.D. Cicco, Structure of partially reduced xPbO (1-x) SiO2 glasses: combined EXAFS and MD study, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 351 (2005) 380–393.
7. N.M. Vedishcheva, B.A. Shakhmatkin, A.C. Wright, The structure of sodium borosilicate glasses: thermodynamic modelling vs. experiment, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 345-346 (2004) 39-44.
8. R. Conradt, Chemical structure, medium range order, and crystalline reference state of multicomponent oxide liquids and glasses, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 345-346 (2004) 16-23.
9. R. Conradt, A proposition for an improved theoretical treatment of the corrosion of multi-component glasses, Journal of Nuclear Materials, 298 (2001) 19-26.
10. M. Kopyto, W. Przybylo, B. Onderka, K. Fitzner, Thermodynamic properties of Sb2O3-SiO2 and PbO-Sb2O3-SiO2 liquid solutions, Archives of Metallurgy and Materials, 54  (2009) 811-822.
11. J. Leitner, P. Chuchvalec, D. Sedmidubsky, A. Strejc, P. Abrman, Estimation of heat capacities of solid mixed oxides, Thermochimica Acta, 395 (2003) 27-46.
12. S.K. Sadrnezhaad, Heat and Motion in Materials, Published by Technical University of Sharif, Tehran, Iran (1998).