عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسندگان [English]چکیده [English]
In this research, the effect of the initial concentration of zirconium, nitric acid concentration, volume percentage of organic solvent phase (tributyl phosphate) and the phase ratio on extraction (%) was studied in a batch method and the optimum conditions for continuous operation (Mixer-settler) of these parameters were introduced. In the experimental studies of zirconium extraction in a 6-stage horizontal laboratory mixer-settler, the aqueous solution (feed) was 4 M nitric acid mixed with 4 M HCl containing 60 gr per liter of zirconium. 50%V tributyl phosphate in kerosene, 1000 rpm impeller speed, with the equal phase ratio at ambient temperature and pressure was used for the extraction operations. In this research work, the extraction of zirconium at settler stages within 3 different times has been compared with the theoretical quantities obtained from the McCabe curve. The zirconium extraction (%) at each stage of the mixer-settler was close to the corresponding amount in equilibrium conditions, indicating a very good agreement between theoretical and experimental data.
1. A. Sadigzadeh, S. Chehrenama, H. Shokri, Solvent Extraction of Zirconium from Nitric-Hydrochloric Acid Solutions Using TBP, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Physics, 3 (2009) 20-25.
2. S.K. Singh, P.S. Dhami, S.C. Tripathi, A. Dakshinamoorthy, Studies on the Recovery of Uranium from Phosphoric Acid Medium Using Synergistic Mixture of (2-Ethyl Hexyl) Phosphonic Acid, Mono (2-Ethyl Hexyl) Ester (PC88A) and Tri-N-Butyl Phosphate (TBP), Hydrometallurgy, 95 (2009) 170–174.
3. H.C. Peterson, G.H. Beyer, Liquid-Liquid Extraction of Hafnium from Zirconium by Tributyl Phosphate, U.S. Atomic Energy Commission Report ISC 416 Ames Laboratory, Ames Lowa )1955).
4. F. Hudswell, J.M. Hutcheon, Extraction and Refining of Rare Metals, Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, London, 418 (1957).
5. J. Sata, A. Dahdouh, H. Shlewit, Extraction of Uranium(VI) from Nitric Acid and Nitrate Solutions by Tributylphosphate/Kerosene, Periodica Polytechnica: Chemical Engineering, 49(1) (2005) 3-18.
6. R.E. Treybal, Liquid Extraction, Mc. Graw Hill Pub, New York (1963).
7. J.A. Williams, L. Lower, C. Tanner, The Design of a Simple Mixer Settler-A Method of Design by Calculation Giving Automatic Interface Control, Transactions of the Institution of Chemical Engineers, 36 (1958).
8. J.D. Seader, E.J. Henley, Separation Process Principles, John Wiley & Sons, New York, Chap16 (2010) 476-477.
9. F.B. Waldrop, W.T. Ward, W.M. Leaders, Zirconium-Hafnium Separation: Mixer-Settler Study, Pentagon Reports, Report No. A009123 (1950).
10. R.P. Cox, H.C. Peterson, G.H. Beyer, Separation Hafnium from Zirconium by Solvent Extraction with Tributyphosphate, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry, 50 (1956) 2.
11. D.F. Peppard, Process of Separation Zirconium Values from Hafnium Values by Solvent Extraction with an Alkyl Phosphate, U.S Patent. 2923607 (1960).