عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسندگان [English]چکیده [English]
Identification of irradiated potatoes (Alpha variety) by the electrical impedance measurements has been carried out. Experiments were performed by passing ~3mA alternating current through the potato tubers that were punctured with the galvanized metallic electrodes. The parameters Z0/Z180 (impedance ratio at 50Hz, zero to 180 seconds post puncturing), Z50k/Z5k, Z50k/Z0.5k, Z50k/Z0.05k (impedance ratio at 50kHz to 5kHz, 0.5kHz and 0.05kHz, respectively) were determined at various temperatures and the best temperature for the measurement was obtained. The selection of the identification parameter was based on its constancy over the post irradiation storage time (six months), as well as, its dependency on the magnitude of the absorbed dose. Based on the above criteria, the impedance ratio of Z50k/Z5k was determinedto be the best identification parameter. The obtained empirical formulas allow to estimate the applied dose and also to differentiation between the irradiated and unirradiated potatoes at the temperature of the (20-35°C).
1. T. Hayashi, “Identification of irradiated potatoes by impedemetric methods,” In: Health Impact Identification and Dosimetry of Irradiated Foods, Report of WHO Working Group, ericht des Institutes für Strahlenhygiene des Bundesgesundheitsamtes, ISH – 125, 432-452. Nneuherberg, FRG (1988).
2. T. Hayashi, M. Iwamoto, K. Kawashima, “Identification of irradiated potatoes by impedance measurements,” Agric. Biol. Chem, (Tokyo) 46, 905-912 (1982).
3. T. Hayashi, K. Kawashima, M. Iwamoto “Impedance measurement of irradiated potatoes,” Nippon Shokuhin Kogyo Gakkai-shi. Journal of Food Science and Technology, Japan 30, 1, 51-54 (1983).
4. IAEA-TECDOC-587, “Analytical Detection Methods for Irradiated Foods,” IAEA, Vienna 8 (1991).
5. T. Hayashi, S. Todoriki, K. Otobe, J. Sugiyama, “Impedance measuring technique for identifying irradiated potatoes,” Biosci. Biotechnol. Biochem., 56, 1929 (1994).
6. T. Hayashi, S. Todoriki, K. Otobe, J. Sugiyama, “Applicability of impedance measuring method to the detection of irradiation treatment of potatoes,” J. Jpn. Soc. Food. Sci. Technol., 40, 378 (1994).