عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسندگان [English]چکیده [English]
Coal tar pitch has a complex chemical structure. Determination of a , b , g fractions, is one of the methods to get information about its properties. In graphite fabrication it plays a role as a binder for coke particles. During the thermal treatment it carbonizes and changes to a secondary coke. This has considerable affects on the graphite properties. In this paper, determination of a , b , g and a 1 fraction in three different types of pitches have been carried out. Graphite specimens have been fabricated by using these pitches and anisotropy coke in laboratory scale. The graphite properties have been compared with the nuclear grade graphite prototype. The comparison of the results showed that the density and compression strength are appreciable while the anisotropy factor of properties is about one. The linear thermal expansion in graphite from Iranian pitch had a better result, where it stands in the nuclear range of usage. As a result, our studies showed that the graphite properties are affected by properties of pitch fractions, where it can be used as a proper sample for the graphite fabrication.
ش. احمدی، ”گزارش امکانسنجی تولید گرافیت هستهای،“ مرکز پژوهشی انرژی اتمی ایران (1375).
2. A. P. Thrower, Chemistry and Physics of Carbon, 24, Marcel Dekker (1994).
3. A. P. Thrower, Chemistry and Physics of Carbon, 26, Marcel Dekker (1999).
4. G. Savage, “Carbon - carbon composites,” Chapman and Hall (1993).
5. L. M. Currie, “The production and properties of graphite for reactor,” Proceeding of the first united nations international conference on peaceful use of atomic energy, Geneva, 8 (1955).
6. W. Delle, K. Koizlik, H. Nickel, “Graphitic materials for use in nuclear reactors,” Karl Thiemig AG, Germany (1983).